[Photo Credit: Vanessa Datorre]
Recently I was fortunate enough to go on a study abroad trip through my university to Paris and London. I had never been before so this trip was particularly exciting for me! Since this was an academic class I was on a strict schedule, and did not have too much free time, but nonetheless it was an amazing experience!
While abroad, I picked up a few beauty related items that I am really excited about. I wanted to buy more, but my bag was already 49 pounds on the way there so I didn’t have much leeway to shop. That’s why I only purchased things that I really wanted and was looking forward to.
1. Bioderma’s Créaline Micellar Water: This stuff is UH-MAZING. Before I went to Paris I heard about this product which has so much hype in the beauty world, but I’ve learned that sometimes the hype just ain’t real. However, I must agree with everyone else when it comes to Bioderma’s Micellar Water– where has it been all my makeup loving life?! I purchased two big 500 ml bottles of this stuff because they were having a great deal, and I also purchased a travel sized 100 ml bottle to try out while I was there to make sure I liked it, and boy did I. If you can get your hands on this stuff, get it!
2. Soap & Glory Hand Food: Again, I have heard great things about Soap & Glory skin care products so while I was perusing around Boots at London Heathrow, I picked this up. I have only used it a couple times because I’m trying to finish up my other hand lotions, but so far, I do like it. The texture is very creamy and smooth without being sticky and slippery.
3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: Although I have only used this foundation once, I like the way it looks on the skin. It has a gel formula so it glides on really well and when buffed in with the Beauty Blender, it looks amazing. Although this isn’t the highest coverage out there, it does even out your complexion and look beautiful. I can’t wait to use this more and report back.
4. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: I haven’t even taken this product out of its box, but I am really excited to try this out since I have heard great things about this eyelash curler. Unfortunately Shu Uemura is not available in stores in the States so when I saw this at Selfridges in London, I snatched it up. I am currently using the Shiseido eyelash curler, which I really like, so I wonder how the two will compare.
5. Bourjois Bronzing Powder: Another hyped beauty product in the beauty community– are you sensing a theme here? Again, this product really is worth the hype. To me, it smells like chocolate (and looks like it) with a floral hint to it, and it definitely smells better to me than the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, which smells like artificial chocolate. This bronzer really gives you that sun-kissed appearance, and although there is a tiny bit of gold sparkle in the pan it doesn’t transfer to the skin, which is probably why your skin looks so bronze goddess without being shimmery and fake.
6. Soap & Glory Peach Party Blush: This product is a blush/highlight all in one, and it is stunning. I almost didn’t purchase this, but I saw it last minute at the London Heathrow airport in Boots, swatched it (yes they have samples available even in the drugstore for you to test out the product before you buy it. WHY DOESN’T AMERICA DO THIS?!), and snagged it before my flight back to ‘Merica. I have been using this a lot lately, and I really should stop because I haven’t been able to find it online for purchase in the States, and I am so bummed about it. I use this on top of blush or in place of blush, and it gives your skin the most beautiful luminous glow. It reminds me of the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, but not as expensive! I wish I picked up a few more. *sigh*
I truly love all of the products I purchased, and I’m glad I didn’t buy too many things on impulse because I always regret it afterwards. Most of these products I knew I was going to purchase before I even landed since I had done my research. Honestly, I probably will cry the day my Bioderma Micellar Water is finished, but I guess that just means I will have to make a trip back over there and stock up on these bad boys!
Have you tried any of these products?